Rock concert features Stella Lost

Andrea Garcia, Staff Writer

A variety of bands came out to play at the Laredo South Town Rock Fest.

P.O.D, or Payable on Death, was the main band that played at the L.E.A on April 20.

Many local bands participated along with larger bands like Darke Complex. Refugee, and As Lions, which have been around for years.

The local bands were Taken By Tides and Stella Lost. Taken By Tides opened up for P.O.D.

The event had a really chill atmosphere. In fact the venue offered refreshments and merchandise tables. After the show fans could buy shirts or hang around and talk to the bands.

We are meticulous in the writing process so the finished product wasn’t fully complete until we got to the studio.”

— Mike, lead singer

Stella Lost members discussed their mission for Laredo.

Stella Lost was formed December of 2012, and added two new members and expanded in late 2016.

This band consists of five musicians who were inspired by a variety of genres of music ranging from Alternative Metal, Hard Rock and Grunge.

“Stella Lost actually came to be because of a Craig’s List ad,” Rudy, rhythm guitarist, said.

The members besides Rudy are Mike, lead singer; Joe, bass; Daniel, drums; and Ram, lead guitar. Members said they are on a mission to get Laredo a little more noticed.

“Everybody says there’s nothing to do in Laredo, so I’m trying to make something happen,” Mike said.

Mike urged Laredoans to “Support your local rock acts. It doesn’t matter when you are going, which bar, which venue, just go out and show support. If you can especially go to those all ages shows. Go out to those.”

He added, “If you love something hang onto it and keep on going.”

The band is really worth checking out.

“The two most popular songs are Figures and We the Surrounded. They’re the two first songs off our new album,” Mike said.

The inspiration for those songs are events happening around the world and the emotions the band said they felt when they wrote the music.

Mike explained the band said they knew the when these songs came together.

“We are meticulous in the writing process so the finished product wasn’t fully complete until we got to the studio, but we all sit down and write together so we can all guide the music, how we feel it should flow,” Mike said. “One of our biggest challenges in writing is just (obtaining) the funds to make this project possible, but we have a group that is all focused on the same goal. So we do what it takes to get the songs made.”

Mike said their music is available through several sources.

“You can find our EP Everything is Old is New on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube or on our Website StellaLost.com,” he said. “Stay tuned for our new album Figures which will be released soon and available at our next show.”