Fun and scary carnival rides amaze students

Olivia Trevino, Staff Writer

The carnival is a fun and entertaining place to go to. Students describe two of the rides that make it fun and entertaining.

The Pharaoh’s Fury

Senior Caro Vasquez talks about her favorable carnival ride called Pharaoh’s Fury and how it’s safe compared to the other carnival rides.

“My favorite part about Pharaoh’s Fury is when the ride goes all the way to the top then swings all the way back down very fast,” Vasquez said in astonishment.

Swinging at almost 50 feet high, the Pharaoh’s Fury takes the passengers from horizontal to vertical. In this ride you’ll see almost everyone screaming as the ride plunges back down.

“The Pharaoh’s Fury is the shape of a boat. The color of this ride is gold with blue. In the front and the back of the boat there’s a figure of Sarcophagus of “King Tut,” Vasquez said.

My favorite part about Pharaoh’s Fury is when the ride goes all the way to the top then swings all the way back down very fast.”

— Caro Vasquez

The Pharaoh’s Fury has 10 seats. It can fit as many as three people on just one seat.

“In my opinion the best seats on this ride are the front and back seats. They’re the most fun and scary,” Caro mentions.

People that may not know the name they refer to it as The Mummy, The Pirate Ship, The Galleon, and so much more.

“There’s really not a chance in vomiting on this ride. Unless you go vertigo from looking straight down at the ground when the ride is at its highest then maybe you might puke,” she said.

The ride is mostly referred to as The Mummy because there’s a figure of King Tut on the ride.

“The Pharaoh’s Fury will always be a favorite ride of mine no matter how many new rides are added. Most likely you will not get hurt in any way,” she mentioned.

According to most riders, people say that the ride is relaxing and comfortable.

“It’s one of the safest rides for me because it just feels so amazing by the way the ride is formed in the shape of a boat. There’s no way that you can get out of the ride while its going which means there’s no way you can hurt yourself. I felt safe,” Vasquez said.

Ring of Fire

Freshman Ashley Duran has mixed feelings about the Ring of Fire ride at the carnival.

“As much as the ride is fun, it can also be very dangerous and scary,” Duran said.

The Ring of Fire is always going to be a favorite and scary ride to the majority of people.

I couldn’t focus at all because all I heard was everyone screaming on the ride so it made it really difficult for me to think what to do after I felt I was slipping.”

— Ashley Duran

“The main reason why it will always be a favorite is because the ride is so challenging that it makes people feel nauseous from the ride going fast in circles,” she said.

The Ring of Fire is the shape and size of the Ferris Wheel. The ride contains two people a seat and the ride goes at least 50 mph. The ride always has everybody screaming of both joy and fear.

“Some people have said that one time the ride got stuck on the top which meant everybody was upside down,” Ashley mentioned in astonishment.

Ashley said that she had once experienced something scary; she felt that 10 seconds were the scariest of her life.

“One time I got on the Ring of Fire, I remember the seatbelt a little bit loose so I thought it was fine. As we went to the very top of the ride and we were upside down, I felt I was slipping out of my seat. It was so scary because there’s a certain time that the ride is upside down. I’d say the ride lasts at least 10-15 seconds upside down,” Duran said.

The Ring of Fire is the type of ride where you will find almost everybody in that ride screaming because they’re frightened.

“I couldn’t focus at all because all I heard was everyone screaming on the ride so it made it really difficult for me to think what to do after I felt I was slipping,” Duran said.

The Ring of Fire is the perfect carnival ride for goers. The ride has ten seats and each seat holds two adults.

I don’t like how I came out to be one of those people who have experienced something bad on this ride but I’m more than grateful to have shared this experience for people’s safety purposes.”

— Caro vasquez

“The scary part for me was when everybody was screaming like crazy while we were upside down. At that point I was slipping slowly off the ride. All I could see was how far up we were from the ground. The only thought I had in my head was me falling down. I was so scared I prayed for the ride to go back down as soon as possible and within 3 seconds the ride went back down. I felt so relieved because the ride was over,” Duran said.

Duran was frightened due to her almost slipping off the roller coaster ride.

“I don’t like how I came out to be one of those people who have experienced something bad on this ride but I’m more than grateful to have shared this experience for people’s safety purposes,” she said.