Freshman has a variety of interests

Julieta Lopez, Staff Writer

Arleth Garcia, J.W. Nixon High School freshman, wishes she could rerun cross country season from last fall.

“I wish I could do many things but mainly I would do cross country because it was an amazing experience, full of memories, and I would do better in the meets and put in more effort,” Garcia said.

The subject Garcia enjoys the most is math because she thinks it’s easy.

“I like math because I think it’s an easy subject and because math is interesting,” she said.

She also said she has a variety of interests.

“At home I sleep watch TV and eat ice-cream,” she said.

The hardest thing for Garcia this year has been her passing the English I exam.

“It would be passing the English I STAAR test because I don’t like the subject and it’s hard,” she said.

I wish I could do many things but mainly I would do cross country because it was an amazing experience, full of memories, and I would do better in the meets and put in more effort.”

— Arleth Garcia

Garcia was asked what her definition of a good teacher is.

“A good teacher to me is a teacher that knows how to explain the lesson they’re teaching you. A teacher that doesn’t give us homework because with a teacher like that, I don’t think we really need homework because we would learn what he taught us in class,” she said.

Garcia said that during high school she would like to finish school in a good way.

“I would like to graduate, pass all my classes, get good grades, and be successful, so that later on in life I can get a nice house and a good job,” she said.

She was also asked why she decided come to J. W. Nixon high school.

“Because my friends were coming here. Because I’ve always like this school, it has a pretty good athletic program,” she said.

What Garcia would like to do after high school is to go live out of town.

“I would like to explore the world, maybe live out of town, and get a job where you don’t work much but get paid a lot,” she said.

She also said that she would like to go to a well-known college that has good teachers and a good reputation so that when she eventually gets a job it would be good.

“I would like to go to a well-known college that isn’t that fancy and that has good teachers because I want to be good at what I want to study,” she said.