Experiences: Couples can wed in a variety of ways

The Magnet Tribune: Creative Commons
Couples seeking a life together have various ways to unite their lives.

Lucero Rea, Staff Writer

One of the decisions that members of a couple make before getting married is if they are getting married through the church, civil authorities, or even both. Regardless, these choices are still very essential and significant to certain individuals. It’s an extraordinarily particular choice, and the motives for choosing one rather than the other vary from couple to couple.

If the couple has the same religion, or if members are thinking about a traditional marriage, they will probably select a religious service. They will become one in agreement at the ceremony. There will be requirements of the precise religion that the couples need to follow because they interpret the standards as a serious religious tradition. A precise significant point is the religious concepts that the groom and the bride have. If the family’s religion is, for example, Catholic, the couple most of the time can have the total support of their loved ones.

A civil service is basically a nonreligious lawful matrimony led through a legally certified minister instead of a sacred one. Let’s say that the members of a couple who are planning to get married are not religious, or they have tremendously different beliefs, they select the civil way to evade probable difficulties with interreligious services.

The major difference among getting married in a sacred or civil formality is that a religious service is being united in the sense of God, although a civil service is more about being married in the sense of the law.

A church bridal service is generally more vibrant than a civil wedding to some individuals. However, weddings can sometimes be extremely pricey. It’s already an important thing to choose to get married, but then again, the individuals need to decide how they are going to amaze and honor their loved ones, too. It can sometimes lead to stress in a period where the couple just wants to relax. Realizing about the money that is required is frustrating for almost anyone.

The wish to love somebody and promise to share lives together is common.”

— Lucero Rea

Certain individuals will decide not to wed through either a religious or civil ceremony, but this common law union poses many disadvantages. Let’s say that an individual’s partner is in a car crash, they might struggle to see them at a hospital if he or she isn’t their legal wife or husband. If a judge needs to decide on what individual can make healthcare decisions concerning the “spouse”, the individual may be disregarded just because of not being a family member. If the family of the partner at the hospital does not sympathize with the other one, then they will most probably need to battle for control in court.

In the end, the members of the couple need to have a serious talk about whether they want a religious marriage, civil marriage or like a common law union because it will only work depending on their situation. Getting married can change depending on the emotional necessities the people in it might encounter. The vital thing is to clear and describe how you and your partner perceive the marriage.

However, the wish to love somebody and promise to share lives together is common. Everybody has their personal concepts of what commitment means and it may take different procedures in different beliefs, but love is a universal feeling. At the end of the day, the kind of method you choose to use in order to share lives together will not matter.

About the Writer