Thoughtful Thursday: Love

Back to Article
Back to Article

Thoughtful Thursday: Love

The Magnet Tribune: Zoe Alvarez

The Magnet Tribune: Zoe Alvarez

The Magnet Tribune: Zoe Alvarez

Zoe Alvarez, Thoughtful Thursday columnist

Love is to share a deep affection for another, but it’s quite more than a simple explanation. It’s an abundance of many wonderful things. Love is the light during dark times, it forms relationships of all kinds, it is the very thing that fulfills the heart, and the very thing that changes people’s lives. It isn’t just about the hearts and love letters, it’s much more in this strange thing we call life.

Life is full of hardships, some so harsh it pushes most people away when we are in dire situations. Only love stays during these times. Not just from a partner, but rather from those who care most. Through losses, friends and family are there to console you and care for you as you grieve. Through failures, friends and family stay by your side when you need their support. It’s their love that keeps them by your side when you need them the most.

Love is one of the many building components of relationships. A common love for music can spark a great friendship between two people. A lasting loving friendship can fortify a family bond. Loving relationships can create marriages. Family love can create a bond so strong, it’s quite unbreakable. Love comes in all shapes and sizes. It creates various relationships between people. The meaning of love isn’t concrete when it comes to romance. It appears in all forms of relationships, from the greatest friendships to the closest families, to the strongest relationships in romance.

In life, we find various ways to fulfill our hearts. But beware, not everything in life truly fulfills the heart. Money, success, popularity, and perfect self-image may be enjoyable, but the content is only temporary. Filling the heart with these can make it harder and harder to truly be content. It is only love that can fulfill the heart. A loving relationship between two people, love within the family, and love within a friendship are what truly fills the heart with genuine content. This content lasts a lifetime.

Love changes people’s life. We live in a cruel world where there is an absence of love for one another. Showing love to one another makes a big difference. Spread your love by being kind and compassionate. Even to those who make it difficult to love. Mask their hate with your love. Fill their dark empty hearts with the light of love. Minor habits of spreading love can make major differences in someone’s life. Showing compassion to someone can soften their rough edges. Showing kindness to someone can show them that there is still goodness in the world regardless of what is going on. No matter how big or small your actions may seem, they create the biggest changes.

In a world where there is a lack of love, be the one to spread it.

Song for today: Loving Someone by the 1975