What’s that buzz? Dua Lipa’s new single leaves a powerful message

Dua Lipa who is 22 has released her new hit single

Dua Lipa who is 22 has released her new hit single "IDGAF."

The Magnet Tribune: Gomoxie.org

The Magnet Tribune: Gomoxie.org

Kayla Gonzalez, What's that Buzz columnist

New and rising star Dua Lipa’s new single “IDGAF” makes you want to jump on a table and dance.

Dua Lipa, only 22, is making a mark with her single which has reached to almost 38 million views within a week on YouTube.That has gained her recognition from the U.S to London.

“IDGAF” is a song that you won’t get tired of listening to, and it is by far one of my favorite songs.

I have watched “IDGAF” and I instantly fell in love with her lyrics and especially her voice; they are both very soothing.

Her music is insightful and it’s fresh, different from what you usually hear on daily radio.

The way her song flows and was produced is really outstanding.

“IDGAF” has a fresh new vibe like a dark pop-type of sound. For example, Billie Eilish is an artist that has the dark pop vibe in her music.

Her music is insightful and it’s fresh, different from what you usually hear on daily radio.”

— Kayla Gonzalez

The video concept of “IDGAF” is about internal struggle of showing the two sides of Dua’s emotions, the darker more empowered version of herself eventually persuading her weaker alter ego that they should just not care.

The song is about a break-up. In the song, Dua Lipa explains about her ex-boyfriend wanting to come back in her life but she refuses. “So save it, get gone, shut up/ get up off your knees” she sings.

She, as an artist and a person, is not really that introverted. I have been watching a few of her interviews on her YouTube channel, and she says she doesn’t really like to read her video comments. Because she simply doesn’t want to see hateful words written by viewers because most of the songs in her album were created by herself as an artist.

I adore Dua Lipa and her way of singing throughout her lyrics. Over the next 2 years, I really do hope she gets to earn the fame that she is working so hard for.

Her voice is something that I would never grow tired of and I genuinely recommend you to listen to “IDGAF”.

It will honestly blow your mind. I guarantee it.