TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Back to Article
Back to Article

TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

The Magnet Tribune: CBS

The Magnet Tribune: CBS

The Magnet Tribune: CBS

Krysta Robles, TVFANatic Columnist

I’ve been a fan of Criminal Minds for a while now.  I’ve been watching this show since I was about 13, I’m 17 now. But when I was 13, I would just watch the episodes irregularly. Now, however, I watched the episodes in order. Watched it all on Netflix. It was great, honestly. I loved everything about the episodes. There wasn’t much repetition than there were plot-twists. There are 12 seasons on Netflix and they are on the 13th season on the air.

The first episode of Criminal Minds was released September 22, 2005, almost 13 years ago. The first episode introduces your main characters (some that aren’t in the later seasons), however, they do introduce characters that I do love. Season 1 was the start of it all and it was magical. The show really brought a lot of people together and I really love that.

I’ve met so many people that love Criminal Minds and that is amazing. One of my friends, Dayana Gonzales, loves it. We would talk about it non-stop in our Pre-calculus class. Now we can see why I was distracted in that class. I love this show with a passion.

Season 1 was the start of it all – the start of a great and successful journey for the creators of Criminal Minds. This show follows Jason Gideon, Aaron Hotchner, Elle Greenaway, Derek Morgan, Dr. Spencer Reid, Jennifer “JJ” Jareau, David Rossi, Emily Prentiss, Luke Alvez, Dr. Tara Lewis, Kate Callahan, Alex Blake, and Penelope Garcia (although some characters/actors have left the show) They are all FBI agents for the BAU (Behavior Analysis Unit). They focus more on the profiling the unsub (unknown subject) instead of focusing on the crime itself.

I’ve talked to many of people and they have said they have tried watching the show, but they couldn’t get into it because it wasn’t action-packed enough. I felt attacked. This show has enough action and if you play along (like I do; pathetic, I know.) you get to solve the murder with the members of BAU. The show is very action-packed, it keeps you on the edge of your seat, like “who dun it?”. You try to figure it out and it’s such a great feeling when you the profile correct. Profiling an unsub is basically finding out their quirks and what makes them different from any other person, besides them being a murder, with just a look at the crime scene. An unsub can be anyone, but the quirks the unsub may have is what makes them different.

Every season is different. My favorite season; however, was the 12th season, only because it shows a different side of my favorite character, Dr. Spencer Reid. It really kept me wondering was he okay? I don’t wanna spoil anything, but it was INTENSE. I remember watching an episode with my boyfriend, who has never seen Criminal Minds, and he was so into it. The episode finished and he asked “Is that all? What?” and proceeded to ask me what happened next and I couldn’t tell him because we had finished the last episode of season 12 on Netflix.

The show is very action-packed; it keeps you at the edge of your seat, like “who dun it?”. You try to figure it out and it’s such a great feeling when you get the profile correct. ”

— Krysta Robles

The show keeps you wanting more. I love that. I finished the show in a couple of months. I really do enjoy the fact that I can play along, how it’s more about the unsub than the crime itself, and how the FBI agents have a life outside the agency.

The interesting thing about Criminal Minds is that you get to think like an agent and that brings it to life. You don’t know how many times I have annoyed my mom over this show. Anyways, I give this show a 1000/10. No, but for real, this show will change your life and that deserves a 10/10. Watch it on Netflix and on CBS.

1 Comment

One Response to “TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal”

1. Dana on February 27th, 2018 2:04 am

I look forward to each and every episode. Brilliant acting, writing and photography!

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

New music Monday: Canadian band ‘Alvvays’ gives indie a spin on young love

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

Twenty One Pilots comes to Houston for Bandito tour

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

New music Monday: Wild Ones release “Heatwave – EP”

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

New Music Monday: Twenty One Pilots ends 3-year hiatus with album ‘Trench’

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

New music Monday: Day Wave has perfect mix of chords and notes

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

FANtastic TV: Surpass your limits in Limitless

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

New music Monday: Lorde shines in the Greenlight

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

Creepy and Unexplained: Houston’s infamous double homicide

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

New music Monday: Phoenix is the essence of French pop

• TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal

Reviews

Rising Stars: YouTuber has prevailed over obstacles to become Internet sensation

TV FANatic: A mind of a criminal