Rising Stars: Family Channel brings joy to millions

The Magnet Tribune: Twitter
Austin, Catherine, and Elle pose in their back yard in a photo posted on Austin's Twitter account.

Maddie Dion, Rising Stars Columnist

They are Austin McBroom, Catherine Piaz, and Elle Lively McBroom, who are also known as The Ace Family.

The Ace Family is quickly becoming well-known to people all over the world, having over 5 million subscribers on their YouTube channel. Austin and Catherine film their life with their 1-year-old daughter Elle.

The Ace Family is a fairly new channel on YouTube but they have so much love coming to them, especially after Austin and Catherine recently becoming engaged.

The channel involves a lot of pranks.  In one prank Austin pulled twice, he cut open the back of a huge teddy bear, got inside and scared Catherine one time and Elle the other time. Catherine got him back by giving him a fake lottery ticket and making him believe he won.

Austin McBroom, a former NCAA basketball guard who committed to the University of Saint Louis men’s basketball program for the 2011-2012 season, also played football and baseball at Campbell Hall School. After his college basketball career ended he became a social media star and now has more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram.

Catherine Paiz, the Instagram sensation who has more than 3 million followers, is originally from Canada but moved to Miami, Florida, with her family and then to Los Angeles, California.

Catherine and Austin began dating in 2015.  They got engaged in August 2017 when they went skydiving on Catherine’s birthday.  Once they landed, Austin gave their 1-year-old daughter a ring then proceeded to propose to Catherine.

Austin and Catherine recently moved into a new house and once they get all their furniture in they have decided to have a sleepover with three of their Ace family members, one each in December, January, and February. The person that gets chosen also gets to bring a friend.  They are really excited to be doing the sleepover to show their love to their supporters.

I had an amazing interview with a couple that also watches the Ace Family. On January 5, 2018, Austin, Catherine, Elle, Catherine’s brother Ryan and Trey, Austin’s best friend, flew to Orlando, Florida, to surprise a fan with a medical condition named Arianna and her boyfriend, Omouri.

I asked Arianna the emotions she felt when the Ace Family showed up at her door.

“It was very exciting and also nerve-racking but most exciting,” she stated.

I then asked her if she had any idea that they would be knocking on her door.

“Well, when I saw the video they posted the day before mine I kind of had a clue and then they called the next day. I thought they were but then come to find out they were,” she said.

They describe meeting with Ace Family members.

“It was amazing, and it felt good to talk to them about my condition,” Arianna said.

Omouri liked the Ace Family’s attitude.

“It was very different. I’m used to celebrities being very cocky and acting too good to talk to others! But the Ace Family were very humble and down to earth,” he said.

Omouri asked for everybody’s support at the end of the interview, Arianna said.

“Everyone go and watch our videos! Share with your friends and join the Q&A gang!” Omouri said, adding “Austin showed a lot of interest asking me about college and sports and how I was getting adjusted to college! He also gave me tips and pointers on how to improve my game.”

Austin, Catherine, and Elle recently posted a video on February 6 announcing that they are expecting baby number 2.

About the Writer