Comic book writer Stan Lee dies at 95

Lucero Rea, Staff Writer

Stan Lee, one of the greatest comic book writers, editors, and publishers in the business died in Los Angeles on Nov. 12, 2018. He was 95 years old.

Lee was the man who gave his characters astonishing powers which he then developed into comics. He created many superheroes that children and adults could idolize. The Hulk, Iron Man, Daredevil, The Fantastic Four and many more jumped from his remarkable imagination; nonetheless; Spider Man is perhaps one of Lee’s most popular superheroes and has impacted an abundance of young individuals.

Under Lee, Marvel created their comic books to become one of the best-sellers by infusing their heroes to be like normal human beings. Regardless of the powers they were given, they would still have self-doubt, emotions and a sense of humor.

What was deliberated significant about Lee’s characters was how similar they were created to a regular human being. The Marvel characters stand in unambiguous contrast to the gifts of “perfection” that were shown in the pages of comics. They also demonstrated to be very prosperous by the increase of sales at Marvel Comics and setting Lee’s profession to the very top.

Stan Lee was born Stanley Martin Lieber, on Dec. 28, 1922, in New York City. He attended high school in the Bronx and one of his many early jobs was writing articles for a news outlet.

At 17 Lieber found a job as an assistant at the Timely Comics division of a business supervised by publisher Martin Goodman. He started working along with Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, the makers of Captain America.

Lieber’s first printed contribution at Timely would be a small text piece in a 1941 issue of Captain America. He used the alias “Stan Lee,” and when Simon and Kirby left Timely later that year, Lee was chosen as temporary editor.

Lee was also an honored U.S. Army Signal Corps veteran who would write film scripts of the drill and enrollment material during World War II; after serving, he then returned to Timely and still had the position of the editor.

Even though Lee’s passing brings to an end one of the utmost creators in comics, the limitless list of movies, video games, TV shows will definitely be long lasting.