2018 will be good to me

Lucero Rea, Staff Writer

I could not be any more grateful for the astounding things that happened to me in 2017. The year before that wasn’t quite my year; however, many interesting things came to me the following year.

Mostly everybody has their New Year’s resolution; nevertheless, the most important thing you ask for is the health of your loved ones and yourself. I’m grateful and blessed that my family and I are free of any sickness. I consider myself a very strong person, but when it comes to something not so well regarding my family I know for a fact I would be completely shattered.

One of my personal 2017 New Year’s resolution was to actually be confident and love myself only because I believe that’s the key to anything you want to accomplish. It’s not that I don’t have confidence; however, it’s just something that I wouldn’t want to stop having. It definitely ended up being something that I didn’t let go of myself, not one bit.

Another very important resolution that I give myself every year is to learn something new. I honestly never imagine myself doing certain things that I did this year and keep doing since I had to give up certain things for them, but it was totally worth it at the end.

I tried out golf at the beginning of junior year. I had been wanting to try it out since my freshman year; however because of my really busy schedule I never really could. Honestly better late than never for the reason that I now enjoy playing it, even though I’m taking “baby steps” on something totally new I really do like it. My coach is very supportive, last month we had one of our pre-tournaments and I was feeling really nervous. The coaches from the other schools were really competitive and were screaming at their students but instead, my coach came up to me and notice that I was nervous; he then told me to relax, have a great time and have fun because that’s all that matters. Being on this team is something I won’t ever regret.

Competing at UIL was something I wanted to try but I didn’t have the time as well. I know it might sound bizarre but I honestly did not know that they had UIL journalism until this my third year in high school. As soon as I found out about it I told myself that I had to do it. I’m already familiar with it since here at VMT it’s my fine art. Journalism is also something I really want to do after I graduate from high school since it’s my passion.

New Year’s is all about fresh beginnings to the things you want to leave behind 2017; however, it is also another year of continuing paths.

I am hoping that 2018 will be a great year for me with nothing but health, love, and success.