What are friends?

Julieta Lopez, Staff Writer

What is a friend exactly? Is it someone you meet out of nowhere, someone you trust, someone you love. To me, a real friend is all that and much more, it’s somebody that cares for you, helps you out, and treats you like a sibling.

He/she is someone who loves with all their heart and no matter what. They’ll always give you advice for the mistakes you make because they know what’s best. They can encourage you to become a better version of yourself, and they also help you see the beauty of the person who you really are.

Real friends don’t get sidetracked by what others may say or think of you. Instead, they celebrate the person they’ve come to know. Friends are also people you hang out with most of the time, and they take you places they teach you lots of different things, they might even change your bad habits into good ones.

But the thing that you shouldn’t confuse are real friends with really well-known acquaintances because they might consider you a friend, but they might only be with you when you’re happy and successful. Then, when things go wrong, they move on to the next happy, successful person, they can find and they leave you all by yourself because they just don’t care. A real friend, on the other hand, stays with you through traumas, and disappointments.

They don’t just abandon you just because it’s easier or more comfortable to avoid you. They aren’t people that have you as a second choice or people that leave you to the side. If you got any real friends in life take them for granted people not many people get to change to have someone in life.