Hurricane Dorian moving up East Coast after leaving Bahamas in ruins

September 6, 2019

Dorian has wreaked havoc in the Bahamas and we’re only starting to get a sense of the extent of the destruction left in its wake.

The National Hurricane Center said at 5 a.m. EDT Monday that on its current track, “The core of extremely dangerous Hurricane Dorian will continue to pound Grand Bahama Island through much of today and tonight. The hurricane will move dangerously close to the Florida east coast tonight through Wednesday evening.”

20 deaths have been reported but is expected to rise, health minister says.

“We are in the midst of one of the greatest national crises in our country’s history,” Bahamian Prime Minister Hubert Minnis said.

Dorian ravaged Abaco Island and Grand Bahama for two days with 30 inches of rain.

As of Monday, Hurricane Dorian is moving north, staying about 100 miles off Florida’s east coast late Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Hurricane Dorian went from being a category five to slowly moving down to a two, but it remains dangerous and catastrophic.

21 counties in Georgia are now under state of emergency as Dorian makes its way.

As of Wednesday night, Dorian regained strength and is once again a major Category 3 hurricane as it closes in the Carolinas.