Class of 2018 reflect on their years at VMT

Maddie Dion, Editor

Natalia Galvan

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  High Bass Mr. Lopez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. A lot of great experience
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I don’t think so
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic fest because that’s when everyone comes together

Derik Jalomo

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? High brass, Mr. Lopez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. A wonderful joy-filled, high school experience
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I will be joining the TAMIU orchestra
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Definitely the Hispanic festival

Kassandra Rodriguez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance Ms. Mahtani /Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. A great experience
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival because everyone actually has too much fun hanging out, getting ready and perform

Alejandro Gonzalez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Low Brass – Mr. Reimund
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. The opportunity of meeting the most wonderful, diverse people and experiencing stuff that you would never be able to find in just the home campus
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No, i personally don’t want to do low brass my whole life. However, i will probably still pursue it in a hobby sense
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The event i most enjoy is recruiting. It’s when we all come together to try to get people to attend the school. It’s not about outshining each other, it’s us as a unity.

Alexia Ortega

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance Ms.Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have grown as an individual and learnt so much from everyone, it’s been an amazing privilege to have spent 4 years at VMT!
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Everything

Vanessa Cordova

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Sculpture, Mr. Santos
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Wonderful experiences, new friends, knowledge and wisdom.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Definitely will at some point in my life. It may not be a financially stable career but a lifestyle I am willing to work for.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Watching students working together and seeing their performances. It is really nice to see all the effort my peer’s exhibit and all the talent they own.

Yamilette Chapa

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance Mrs. Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Good vibes from everyone in dance
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic festival

April Salazar

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theater arts Mr. Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I learned how to run the light board and now I do community shows and design and run shows for multiple companies in Laredo.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I’m going to study theatrical design at Corpus Christi.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic festivals and costume contests!!!

Desiree Marie Cepeda

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Woodwinds – Melissa Hinojosa
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have achieved a much better perspective on how music should be read. I have also learned how to challenge myself and my technicality.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I’m still not sure. Although I have a strong love for music, I feel that my focus should be only towards my major in business this upcoming fall at TAMIU.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic Festivals were always the best!!

Beatrice Siklo

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Ms. Mckinnis
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. That it’s just more than a fine art school it’s a place where a school gathers together. It can show you so much value.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Maybe, because I’m not sure what my career path may lead.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic festival where everyone is there performing or selling trying to help the school.

Claudia Ibarra

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance, Ms. Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. A great high school experience and good dance techniques.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Hopefully, if I join a Dance Class in the University.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival, only because it’s full of fun and Mexican treats and great people to mingle with.

Carlos De La Rosa

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? International guitar and my teacher is Mr. Thatcher
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gotten out more friends and realize that I’m more talented than I realized
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I plan to delve more into music
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The jazz festival, I like the songs and the performers

Alexis Madrigal

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theatre arts, Mr. Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. What I’ve gotten out of VMT is so many things from experiences, amazing friends, I’ve become more outgoing, open-minded and the most important thing would be a chance to work people from all three schools and get a chance to grow with all of them.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I plan on continuing my fine art once I graduate because theatre has made an impact on me, it’s fun and exciting to do acting and directing gives me such an amazing feeling that I never want to lose.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I really enjoy the Hispanic festival because and when we go recruiting because that’s when all the fine arts get together and work together to make something so amazing for others, we make so many memories that we’ll cherish for years to come

Angel Rodriguez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Mr. Carroll
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I will become an actor in Hollywood

Carlos Balderas

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Ms. Teran
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Learning how well people are to each other
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes going to college to do it more
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Film festival

Arlene Morin

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance, Ms. Lorena
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I got the chance to experience going to a place where everything is about what we LOVE to do and nobody would judge us when we would randomly start singing or dancing in the middle of the hall like they do in a regular high school.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I want to try and pursue my fine art but i do not think that it would be possible considering the fact that I started my fine art last year and do not have the experience i need to continue with it and actual make a career out of it.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The event that I enjoy the most at VMT is the Hispanic festival because we get to display for the whole city and everyone gets to see what VMT is really about

Alejandra Espinoza

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theatre Arts/ Vernon Carrol
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gained some great companions and experiences that I will surely not forget.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I’m not sure. I want to, but I also want to become a physiology major
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I love the recitals. When we get to express ourselves through our art to an audience, showing them that hard work pays off.

Amanda Guevara

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Choir Ms. Hernandez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. VMT has showed me how to sing properly and how to push from your diaphragm. It also showed me how it’s like to work in a play and what it’s like to work in a play.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No but I enjoyed being at VMT. It’s going to be my minor
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Music in the park

Miguel Pompa

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Low brass, Mr.Reimund
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Amazing memories with my friends, and lots of learning experiences from there.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I’m going to continue with my fine art, as a hobby
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic Festival

Katya Guardiola

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Flamenco Folklorico Dance, Ms. McKinnis
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Attending VMT has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have met great friends, teachers, and staff that motivate me to strive for more in life. VMT has shown me hard work pays off and to never give up, important life lessons I will use later on. Looking back, the great knowledge I have collected, along with the irreplaceable memories, certainly made my high school life so much more enjoyable.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I do not plan to pursue dance as a career, but I do join clubs or take classes to learn even more about dance as a hobby.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic Festival is certainly my favorite VMT event since Hispanic culture is celebrated and appreciated.

Tracy Trejo

2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I met students, who I’ve never seen before, from all three schools. I was exposed to more culture due to my fine art and realized that there’s a lot of students who are talented. VMT has motivated me to continue what I love doing and it has taught me to use my time wisely. I can express myself and have fun with my art work.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I don’t plan on pursuing a career in sculpture, but I will still continue sculpting on my own time. The reason I joined sculpture was to learn and understand the mind of a person who sculpts. What they create is very beautiful and I wanted to create a beautiful sculpture of my own. I have learned so much in this class and I can use the knowledge I have to the real world.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The event I enjoy the most is the Hispanic Festival. The Hispanic Festival brings everyone, from the three schools, together and they can enjoy the performances while eating the delicious food that we make. It’s just really nice to see everyone happy because of this event.

Abril Palacios

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Art/ Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Many friends
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Not exactly but what I want to do has a lot to do with my fine art
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic is always energetic

Alyssa Gallegos

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Music – Mr. Lopez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I got friendships that I never thought I would get especially with other schools.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes I would like to become a performer.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The VMT showcase is just about convincing the incoming freshmen to join VMT and I really enjoy that.

Krisell Garza

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Strings, Bobby Compton
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have gathered new communication skills and made new friends and memories.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I am not sure, but if it’s available, then as a hobby yes.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival

Michelle Aguilar

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Choir and Ms.Hernandez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Knowledge and experience
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes I will try to stay with a musical career
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I enjoy the Hispanic festival. I live when every fine art and communications department gets together to have fun and or perform

Judy

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Art; Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Experience when it comes to art.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes; I plan to become a character designer.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The festival

Juan Gomez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Mariachi and Mr. Thatcher
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have improved my musical abilities and comprehension of music
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I plan to minor in music

Veronica Gutierrez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Choir, Ms. Hernandez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. You get to make friends from not just from your own school but from two other schools. It opens up an array of possibilities!
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No I will not. My entire life I’ve known I wanted to go to the criminal justice path.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Jamaica but it was too cold to enjoy it this year. Kind of sucked

Lesly Rosas

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? My fine art is Art with Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. =Well, I wouldn’t have made the friends I have today without VMT. Of course, I learned so much relating to the fine arts! I have a vast understanding and I appreciate every little sound, color, and detail that goes in every single project.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I won’t, I am going to major in Criminal Justice and work in the field for a while until I have enough money to study animation in the future.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic Festival is definitely one of my favorites, its hard work setting up the both, but during breaks it is just a lovely festival. VMT enriched my high school life in ways that normal high-school just couldn’t have.

Sandra Chavez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Choir/Ms. Hernandez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have managed to gain confidence and pursue my goals.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. It is not my priority but definitely one of my choices.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. VMT Choir’s Disney Desserts and the Hispanic Festival

Debra Barrera

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theatre is my fine art, and Mr. Carroll is my teacher.
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gotten to become such a creative and happy individual. VMT proved to me I can do the things I love and become closer to my studies. Three different schools attend as well so there is no rivalry, it’s amazing.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I’m going to continue pursing Theatre due to the fact I enjoyed doing it so much at VMT.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I enjoy when all fine arts show what they can provide and show other classes what they’re capable of.

Regina Ayala

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Painting/Drawing -Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Friendship, responsibility and being more creative in my work
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes I will pursue my fine art once I graduate because it’s the think I love to do
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic festival

Anayansi Ortegon

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theatre with Mr. Carrol
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Confidence
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, i will continue my passion for theater in college, and study to become a theater teacher.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Fest

Mayela Gonzalez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance Ms.McKinnis
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Education and character
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes I plan to join a group of dance
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Culturas

Ernesto Izaguirre

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Radio & Television- Teran
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Insight into the radio and television industries as well as great friends and better teachers
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Possibly continue writing scripts on the side but I won’t be going to college for it

Carlos Cruz

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Ms. Hinojosa / Woodwinds
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. What I’ve gotten out of VMT is an irreplaceable high school experience that has shaped me into a better individual – as both a musician and a person.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Of course! I plan to major in Flute Performance at the University of Texas at San Antonio!
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. My favorite events at VMT are Hispanic Fest and any recital by a professional musician.

Jazmine Treviño

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theatre Arts. Mr. Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gotten the experience and pleasure of being able to interact and grow with students from each school. The friendship and bonds I’ve made at VMT are stronger than any other.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I plan to continue theatre studies in the future to see where that takes me in life.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic fest is my favorite because we all bond and enjoy the experience.

Arizbeth Mora

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Woodwinds Ms. Hinojosa
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Friendship
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I have something else in mind.

Melissa Irigoyen

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Strings, Mr.Compton
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. VMT has allowed me to become a better musician and develop new skills
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes I plan to pursue my fine art
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The best events are the Hispanic festival, the food and performances created great memories

Joanna Flores

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance, Lorena Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have made and met many wonderful friends and people that I will never forget.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Unfortunately, I am not going to pursue my fine art. However, I do want to continue by joining a dance studio when I graduate because even though I not the best at dancing, I still love to dance.

Tionne Palacios

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Guitar, Mr. Cortez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve learned how to work hard on things you set your mind too. As well as how to perform and behave in an audience. You make some lifelong friends in VMT as well.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. To me music is a hobby to ease my mind not a lifelong career.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I love the Hispanic festival. It truly shows our culture in every aspect.

Daniel Vela

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Mr. Compton
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Experience in becoming a better musician and friendships.

Emily Garcia

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Piano and Dr.Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Experience, making new friendships amongst others schools and becoming a better musician.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No.

Geraldy Morua

2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. V.M.T has taught me determination, responsibility, respect, and good character. These characteristics will live on with me and I’ll apply them to my future. This school showed me how to grow into both a good person, student, and musician.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I plan to practice and absorb more knowledge about my fine art.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic Festival is the event I’ve enjoyed the most in my time at VMT. There are plenty of fond memories attached to this event and it’s a bit sad to look back at them. The way we all came together to celebrate and show our school spirit was my favorite part of the Hispanic Festival.

Jay Jay Arriaga

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Piano, Dr. Mary Grace Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Friends, Confidence in myself, Love for music, and overall it built me into becoming a better student for the world after graduation.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I plan to continue learning my fine art after graduation and during college. It was a fun experience and it brought me many memories and friends that I won’t forget.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I enjoyed Hispanic Fest the most due to many of the groups coming together with the community of Laredo and enjoy the traditions of being in a Hispanic culture.

Abbigail Villanueva

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. VMT has helped me become a outspoken and creative person and to realize what i want to pursue in a career and in life.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I will be continuing a career in the arts. I love art and expressing myself through it, so making art for the rest of my life sounds amazing.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. My favorite event is the Hispanic festival because every fine art is present and it’s always a lot of fun.

Jason Tornel

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Low brass / Reimund
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Laughs and friends
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic

Monserrat Meneses

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Mrs. Hinojosa
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Music Education
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic and Jazz Festival

Pablo Juarez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Low Brass with Mr Reimund
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Leadership and Dedication
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No since I treat it as a hobby

German Guardiola

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? My fine art is Steel Drums and my teacher is Mr. Torres
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gotten wonderful memories and met friends that will last a lifetime
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Although I really enjoyed my time in Steel Drums, unfortunately I won’t be able to continue that trend once I graduate because I have other interests.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The event I enjoy the most is Hispanic Festival for a variety of reasons. Those reasons include the performances, the food, the time you can spend with your friends, and being excused all day from class.

Dayana Gonzalez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance, Mrs. Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gotten new friendships. Having three different schools in one has given me the opportunity to make new friends.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No, I have another career in mind.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic festival. It’s amazing how all fine arts come together and give a good experience to visitors.

Savanna Arriaga

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Dance Mrs.Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Better experience
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I definitely will.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. All events

Flor Robles

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Sculpture/ Mr.Santos
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. VMT has been a great experience for me because of the things I learned and perfected as the years passed. I made good friends and people who have supported me throughout high school.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I will continue to practice sculpture as a hobby.

Victoria Pacheco

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Strings by Bobby Compton
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I was able to meet new people and make friends.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, because I love music, and I hope to become an orchestra director, so that I can help others.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I love the Hispanic Festival because it is so nice to learn about our culture and eat good food.

Mario

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Jamin Teran
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Preparation to real life and college
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Filming, because I would like to do my own movie.

Gabriel Gutierrez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Theatre. Mr. Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have gotten knowledge and fun. I learned that I love theatre. I love watching plays as well as being a part of them. VMT helped me find who I am.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I plan on minoring in theatre in college.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I enjoy Hispanic fest. I like watching the dancers. I like seeing the whole school come together to help the public celebrate our culture and have fun.

Maegan Yeary

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Painting and Drawing / Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Dozens of new friendships and a new found love for creativity.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Not as a profession but I will passionately as a hobby!
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Fest!

Luis Leal

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Video and Audio Productions Ms. Teran
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve learned so much not only from my fine art but my AP classes as well
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I’m not sure although I’m positive that it’ll come up in a job opportunity
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Fest mostly because everyone from the morning and afternoon is there and you have old classmates visiting

Cesar Martinez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Woodwinds, Mrs.Hinojosa
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I had many good experiences and achieve my goal at becoming better in my fine art.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I am not going to pursue or continue my fine art because to me it’s just a hobby.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I personally enjoy the sound town gala because it’s very fun and exciting.

Victorie Meza

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  Choir/ Ms. Hernandez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Experience, fun and excitement
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes, I plan to continue onto UTSA and get my bachelor’s degree.

Claudia Serna

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Art with Mr. Rocha
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve finally gotten to express myself, open up, and explore what I really love.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I believe I will be on something in the Art and Design field
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival because everybody gets to show off their talents, and there is overall a good vibe

Sofia Ramos

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  Journalism, Mr. Webber
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain.  Education
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Heritage Festival

Saul Castillo

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  Piano – Dr. Carroll
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain.  I sense that there are people out there who I can relate with.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No, I am planning to get a master in Marine Biology.

Julie Garcia

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  Dance, Mrs. Matani-Rodriguez
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve gotten a great experience learning and interacting with others.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I will continue my fine art but I will be pursuing a business career.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival. It is memorable and amazing understanding the different fine arts there is.

Manny Ruiz

2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I’ve made new friends and I’ve made a new love for writing.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I would love to pursue in the career of journalism.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. The Hispanic Festival or any event.

Ashley Martinez

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  My fine art is art and my teacher is Mr. Rocha.
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have gotten to see myself improve in my art and grow into a young adult. Throughout the four years, I’ve kept my art work and been able to see my improvement. VMT has helped me grow into a young adult by making me responsible and mature by always keeping my grades up and showing me correct behavior.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. I will continue my fine art once I graduate, but more as a hobby, not as a career. Painting and drawing is something I’ve always enjoyed, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain.  The event I enjoy most at VMT is the Hispanic Festival. It’s an event I can bring family and friends just to enjoy some good food, games and entertainment.

Adan Esquivel

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  Steel Drums, Mr. Torres
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. Music and friends
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No because my future is medical
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival.

Krysta Robles

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher?  Journalism and Communications, Mr. Webber
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. It’s given me more of an understanding of what it’s like to be a part of a great group of people.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. No. I’m not. However, I will write outside of what I’m going to pursue as my career.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. I enjoy Hispanic Festival the most because I am Hispanic and I love expressing my heritage.

Johnathan Moncada

1. What is your fine art and who is your teacher? Radio and Television/Jamin Teran
  2. What have you gotten out of VMT? Please Explain. I have been able to have a more out putting type of view on how I should express myself and I feel that VMT has been able to help me to be more outgoing and to have a more approachable type of attitude towards people and that is something that I will always thank VMT for doing for me.
  3. Are you going to pursue or continue your fine art once you graduate? Please explain. Yes I am I am planning on doing a Double Major and one of those majors is Communications and I feel given my experience of being in VMT for four years with what I have learned in the Communications Department it will help enhance my ability to be able to understand what it is exactly that I’m learning.
  4. Which event do you most enjoy at VMT? Please explain. Hispanic Festival the one even throughout the whole year where both Morning and Afternoon of all Departments of VMT get to come together and help celebrate with a festival about how much pride we have with our Hispanic Culture and involving food, games, performances is truly something that I will always enjoy.

About the Writer